Last night I went to a midnight viewing of the Hunger Games.
Archive | March, 2012
- CALVIN: They say the world is a stage. But obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines.
- HOBBES: Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.
- CALVIN: We need more special effects and dance numbers.
Calvin and Hobbes pretty much defined my childhood. And y’all wonder where White-Harp came from…
My friend T.S. made this motivational poster of me based on a conversation we were having, and yes, I said this exact thing verbatim. Also:
- INTERVIEWER: If you had a coat of arms, what would be on it?
- PHILIP PULLMAN: A bird of the raven family with a diamond in her beak. This is the storyteller: storytellers always steal their stories, every story has been told before.
I hate it when I have writing ideas and I’m motivated to write, but it’s nighttime and all I want to do is sleep. Being a morning person means that by 10PM, I have been awake for 16 hours. Vampire, I ain’t. Now if only my brain would comply and give me ideas first thing […]
I have discovered Pixlr‘s retro/vintage effects maker and it has rather taken over my life, as I’m not obsessed with turning my photos into Instagram/Hipstamatic-type thingies. This is a picture of a little shop I found on a random side street in Vienna on my way to the Brunnenmarkt. I realise I’ve been rather remiss […]