After a much need vacation, I am refreshed and ready to go!
Oi, I fell off the bandwagon on a lot of things in May, especially with regards to health, but you know what? I deserved a break. Bear and I went on vacation to New Orleans and I think the time away has reset me. Unfortunately my immune system didn’t get the memo, as I now have the customary post-travel cold, grrrr. Summer looks to be pretty busy for me, especially as I have more travel planned (I AM GOING TO SEE HAMILTON FOR MY BIRTHDAY, BOO-YEAH), and another podcast in the works. Why do I do this to myself?
- I have seen the interior design for Wintersong! They are GORGEOUS, and I’m not just saying that because I contributed some artwork for it. :) If you subscribe to my newsletter, I will be sharing a sneak peak at my book’s insides, so don’t miss out!
- I’m expecting first pass pages any day now and I’m both eager and hesitant to get them. Mostly because I think at this point I’m sick of my own goddamn words. But! This will be the first time I get to see them laid out as a book! It will also be my last chance to make sure the adult-to-teen edits make sense and to smooth out and polish any rough spots. Eep!
- If you haven’t heard, I’ve sold a companion novel to Wintersong! I’m super stoked and nervous about this; this would be the first book I’ll be writing under contract. Having a hard deadline should be interesting…
- I wrote a personal essay and a horror short story and BOTH WERE REALLY HARD, but especially the short story. I just don’t think I’m cut out for this y’all. Oh well, I’ll keep practicing!
- I am trying to ease back into working out. Trying to balance working out and writing when you have a full-time day job is a little rough, plus my evenings are generally pretty full because of podcast commitments. Still! I am determined to sweat for at least an hour 5 days a week.
- Yoga had been put on hold for a number of reasons: writing and my hypermobility. I went to a rheumatologist a few months ago and he cautioned me against yoga due to unstable joints. Le sigh. I miss yoga a lot though, so my gym-going is two-fold: losing weight to make it easier on my joints and strengthening the small muscles around my joints so I can go back to yoga.
- As I mentioned before, Bear and I went on vacation to NOLA! It was fantastic; we ate our way through the city, went on a ghost tour, visited the World War II museum, the aquarium, and the zoo. New Orleans is a magical city, so I hope I can visit again in the future.
That’s the basic round-up from me this month! Gearing up for what is shaping up to be a very busy summer…